- If you are familiar with our image policies and already know which license applies, go directly to the upload form.
Free image? Please consider creating an account or logging in at the Wikimedia Commons and upload there to help create a central repository of free images and multimedia. If you have taken advantage of unified login, then you are already signed up at the commons. Images uploaded to the commons are displayed directly by image links on all Wikimedia projects, including Wikipedia in all languages. (learn more...)
What kind of work is it?
- Entirely my own work - I created it, own all the rights to it, and have not used anyone else's work in making it
- The work of someone else, who has given permission to use it on Wikipedia or it is a work released under a free license
- A work from a U.S. federal government source (NOT state or local government)
- A work from Flickr
- A promotional photo from an advertisement, press kit, or other promotional source
- The cover of an album or single
- A cover or other page from a book, DVD, newspaper, magazine, or other such source
- A screenshot taken of a movie, TV program, computer game, web site, computer program, music video, or other such source
- The logo of an organization, brand, product, public facility, or other item.
- A picture of a postage stamp, or of currency
- An image from a website
- I don't know who the author is, or I don't know what license applies
- I need help figuring out what the license is or I need help in understanding image copyright and Fair Use policies
Note: For questions or comments about the various upload forms please go to Wikipedia talk:Upload.